Super silly #DragonCon costume… SuperGrover!
Fraction & Chip forever.
Since we can’t be at SDCC this year, and you can’t be at SDCC this year, we figured there were two things we could do to help you. First - we will be curating the hell out of SDCC this year, like we did last, for your viewing pleasure! And second … our inaugeral giveaway!
The Super (vicarious) SDCC Giveaway is themed around giving you what we can of the SDCC experience in the comfort of your own home. And because this year appears to be the year of superheroes on tv & movies, we’ve dual-themed this to also be full of superhero goodness!
1) The Swag. Trust me, at SDCC there is a LOT of Swag. In fact, the lanyard in this prize covered with DC heroes & villians IS a piece of unused swag from a previous SDCC. Plus buttons - you can never go wrong with buttons (especially with a handful of various marvel images)
2) The Artists’ Alley. Wandering artists’ alley is dangerous to your eyes - and your pocket book. Fanart galore - so here we are giving you some supercute superhero fanart for your very own in the form of a variety of superhero fanart stickers!
3) The Merch: If the artists don’t get you, the vendors will. Sticking with the superhero theme, and in the desperate hope SOMETHING WW will come out of DC soon, your very own Wonder Woman wallet for whatever money is left.
4) The Experience. There’s not much that can really give you the experience of being at SDCC, but this movie certainly tried. So we have for you a DVD* (and because it’s SDCC AND Superhero themed … well … it’s not a superhero movie - or a con - without Stan Lee. So you can arrange your own cameo).
* DVD is Region 1 - sorry folks who can’t play that!
HOW YOU ENTER TO WIN YOUR OWN SUPER (VICARIOUS) SDCC:
- Be following socialnerdism (so you can follow all the SDCC awesome)
- Reblog this post. BONUS ENTRY if you also reblog either of our con curation posts (1 & 2)but it’s not required.
- That’s it!
Contest closes August 28th - giving you one month to recover from SDCC coverage before you can have your own SDCC party!
(and yes, you can also enter if you are making it to SDCC this year - we’ll not hold it not being truly vicarious for you against you - though if you are, let us know you’re going so we can follow you for SDCC news!)
This contest ends midnight tomorrow, so this is your last chance to win awesome sdcc, dc & marvel prizes!
Thanks to the power of random.org, we have a winner!
@interstellardiamonddust (I have no clue why tumblr refuses to link your name properly, what the hell) it is you!
I have sent an ask your way to get your details!
Thanks everyone for participating, and for partying through SDCC with us (hope you’re enjoying the continued curation, like this weekend’s dragoncon/fanexpo/pax/sacanime madness). & stay tuned for our upcoming ‘decorate your dorm’ contest.
Double the Marvels! #msmarvel #cosplay #fanexpo #fanexpocan #fanexpo2014 #marvel
JUST A BUNCH OF KAIJU GROUPIES #pacficrim #dragoncon #category4 #movementinthebreach
If you’re going to SacAnime this weekend come visit Anne and I at AA #123! (easy, right?) we’ll be taking commissions and selling prints!
Ona Ganuer, the voice actor of Katya from Archer, stopped me and asked to take a picture with me! MADE MY DAY #dragoncon #cosplay #archercoslay
Come get a commission from me! These are only $15 at conventions <3 table AA36 #shampoo #ranma #art #sacanime #sketch
When it comes time to make a point about an important issue the tool I usually default to is humour, or satire, because I find it’s easiest to change people’s minds if you can make them laugh along with you. A lot of awful things have happened this week, and in the week before, and I’ve tried a few times to think of a clever way I could write them up while still getting the point across that, hey, things are really bad. I can’t. So here we are.